Thursday, February 19, 2009

Chicken Nuggets

I hope you are excited as I am about my new web presence coming up. In the process of trying to figure out a way to explain my type of photography in the "about me", I keep coming back to chicken nuggets. Huh?? (I can hear your thoughts.) Let me explain.

I willingly admit that I am a sauceaholic. Whatever I am eating must be the opposite of dry. I like my cheeseburgers, tacos, and nuggets to be dripping in sauces (a variety of them). Although I order tons of sauces everywhere I go, there are some places that scream one certain sauce. Zaxby's = Zax, McDonalds = Hot Mustard, Fatz = Buffalo & Ranch, etc.

I see my photography much of the same way. Each shoot, each image screams something unique to me. Some clean and crisp. Some raw and dirty. Some in between. Some all three. It just depends on the nugget, I mean client. :)

Every photography book I read tells me that I have to find my style, what I do best, the image that screams "this is hannah gray photography". From the description above, you might now understand the difficulty of this decision.

But why can't my style scream "variety". I don't want to edit my images the exact same way every time for the rest of my photog life. So, I'm sticking with the chicken nugget principle. Variety. That is my style.

3 comments:

Beth Pensinger said...

Describes you very well...............stick with the nuggets!

Anonymous said...

I love chicken nuggets!

Anonymous said...

I would say it also depends on what the client wants, too...err...the chicken nugget wants? I was wondering this since we've planned to have you take pics of the girls. I like a soft pretty style, bringing attention to their beautiful eyes, etc...which sauce is that? I don't speak "photography" but I love the pics of little girls in pretty long dresses and bare feet in the grass and holding a flower, that sort of thing. :)